Application forms are invited from eligible Indian Citizen for the recruitment to 12 positions of Scouts and Guides Quota must be filled in Railway Recruitment Cell (Southern Railway).Eligible candidates must apply with the attested photocopy of all Certificates and necessary enclosures so as to reach the given address on or before the last date of 18-11-2019 .
Last Date:18 Nov,2019
Name of the post – Scouts and Guides Quota (Level 1 & Level 2)
No of post – 12
Pay Scale – As per norms
10th or ITI and relevant certificate and experience of Scouts & Guides.
- The candidates applying in response to this notification shall ensure that he/she fulfills all eligibility conditions at the time of submission of Application.
- One Passport Size Photograph (not older than One Month) (in Scout / Guide uniform in case applying against Scouts & Guides Quota) should be pasted on the application form, at the space specified.
- Self-attested Photostat Copy of the Certificates in support of Age, Community, Educational Qualifications and Scouting Qualifications, etc. Further, Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft in original or necessary proof for claiming fee exemption, etc. should be enclosed along with the Application Form.
- Certificates in Languages other than English or Hindi should be accompanied by an attested translation in English / Hindi.
- Serving Employee and Staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organisations: ‘No Objection Certificate’ and ‘Bonafide Certificate’ giving the length of regular service etc. from the employer should be attached.
- Divorced / Judicially Separated Women: Copy of Decree from the competent court of law for having Divorced / Judicially separated along with an Affidavit that she has not remarried since should be enclosed.
- Death Certificate of her husband together with an Affidavit that she has not remarried since should be enclosed.
- Ex-Servicemen: Discharge certificate should be enclosed
- Persons with Disability: Disability Certificate issued by the Medical Board of the appropriate Government in the prescribed format (‘Proforma’ is available on the web site) should be enclosed.
- Candidates belonging to Minority Community and Economically Backward Classes shall enclose documentary proof in support of their claim.
- It is the responsibility of the Candidates to produce Original Certificates / Documents at the time of Document Verification, without fail. Failure to produce the Original Certificates/ Documents will result in rejection of the candidature.
- The Candidates’ admission at all stages of the recruitment will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- In the written examination, there will be negative marking for wrong answers.
- All the candidates are advised to browse www.rrcmas.in to know their Application status, i.e. Eligible / Ineligible status when it is uploaded.
- Candidates, if found eligible and not received the Call letters, may contact Railway Recruitment Cell, Chennai.
- The Candidate shall attend the Written Examination / Documents Verification / Interview / Personality Test / Medical Examination at the Date, Time and Venue specified by Railway Administration.
- Any request for change of Date, Time and Venue will not be entertained.
- Candidates must ensure that their application is complete in all respects. Applications which suffer from the following deficiencies will be summarily rejected.
- Applications without Indian Postal Orders / Demand Drafts of requisite value (applicable only to candidates who are not eligible for fee exemption) or IPO/DD purchased before the issue of notification or after closing date.
- Not enclosing Caste Certificate in favor of SC/ST/OBC issued by the competent authority.
- Not enclosing Certificates in support of age, Educational Qualifications, Scouting Qualifications, Claiming Fee Exemption, Age Relaxation, etc. along with the Application Form.
- The Application of the Candidates who fail to comply with the instructions contained in this Notification will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the Medical classification of Bee Two and above for the Posts to be identified by the Southern Railway Administration.
How To Apply:
- Application in the prescribed format, complete in all respects along with all the enclosures should be sent to the following address, in a cover, duly superscribing
“APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGAINST SCOUTS & GUIDES QUOTA – ‘LEVEL – 2-
- APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGAINST SCOUTS & GUIDES QUOTA – ‘LEVEL – 1- THE CHAIRMAN, Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway, Ill Floor, No.5, Dr. P.V.Cherian Crescent Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600 008.
- Applications sent by Courier will not be acknowledged. However, the agencies can drop the applications in the box kept in the office premises.
- Filled in an application can also be directly dropped in the box kept in the office premises of RRC, Chennai at the above-mentioned address on or before the Closing Date and Time.
- Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) vide their Letter No. E(NG)-II/96/RR-1/62 dated 18.07.2005 have delegated the powers of recruitment to Group ‘D’ posts to the General Managers. In pursuance to this, Railway Recruitment Cell was opened in Western Railway. The Railway Recruitment Cell has been entrusted with the responsibility to make recruitment to all Group ‘D’ posts from the open market.
- RRC-WR is headed by the Chairman (Recruitment), assisted by one Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment) and other staff.
- The Cell undertakes the recruitment for Group ‘D’ vacancies in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Ratlam, Bhavnagar, Vadodra Divisions, workshops and extra divisional units in the territorial jurisdiction of Western Railway.
- In 1942, a Service Commission with a Chairman and two members was established for the recruitment of Subordinate Staff on the then North West Railway was known as Railway Service Commission.
- In 1945, the Services Commissions were set up at Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, and Lucknow. In 1948, the Indian Railway Enquiry Committee reviewed the working of commissions. In 1949, due to financial constraints, a ban was imposed on recruitments on Indian Railways thus numbers of commissions were reduced to one centrally located at Bombay. In 1953-54 when the Economic conditions of the Indian Railway improved, four service commissions were again set up at Bombay, Madras, Allahabad, and Calcutta. In 1956, the Estimates committee generally approved the method of recruitment by the constitution of the Railway Service Commissions. In 1983, to cater to the needs of areas that were being neglected due to locations of the existing commissions, seven more commissions were set up viz, at Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhuvneshwar, Chandigarh, Jammu and Srinagar with sitting at Leh and Trivendrum. In 1984 two more service commissions were set up at Malda and Gorakhpur. In January 1985 Railway Service Commissions have been renamed as Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). At present 21 Railway Recruitment Boards are functioning.
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts a computer-based examination for the recruitment of ALP & Technician posts. RRB has released centralized notification 01/2018 for a total of 26502 vacancies. RRB ALP & Technician Recruitment 2018 will be held in two stages followed by Aptitude Test (if applicable) and Document Verification. First Stage CBT was scheduled in the month of May and June 2018. The second CBT was held in January 2019 and the psychology test was held on the 10th of June. The document verification started in July in various zones and still going on. The final impanelling is supposed to be completed in December of 2