On 14/10/2020, Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Kolkata announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed B.Tech/B.E for the position of Chief Mechanical Engineer.
|Company Name||Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Kolkata|
|Post Name||Chief Mechanical Engineer|
|No of Posts||1 Post|
|Last Date to Apply||30/11/2020|
The post Of Chief Mechanical Engineer in the rank of Head of Department which has fallen vacant w.e.f 01.06.2020 is to be filled up by Absorption through Composite Method from the officers of Major Port Trusts, fulfilling the eligibility criteria for the concerned post, as per the Annexure-I.
1. Name of the Post : Chief Mechanical Engineer [redesignated as General Manager (M & EE)/Chief General Manager (M&EE)]
2.No of Posts : 01
3. Classification : Class-I (HOD)
4. Scale of Pay (Rs.) : 43,200- 66,000/- To be elevated to the scale of pay of Rs. 51300- 73000/-) after completion of 3 years regular service upon consideration by the Competent Authority.
5. Educational and other qualification prescribed for direct recruitment : Essential: – Degree or equivalent in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics and Communication Engineering /Naval Architecture from a recognized University/ Institution or MOT 1st class Motor certificate issued under Merchant Shipping Act, 1958. Seventeen years experience in managerial capacity dealing with Mechanical/ Electrical/ Marine/ Electronics Engineering works, out of which 10 years experience will be in workshops undertaking maintenance of cargo handling equipment/ electrical installations/ ship repairs in any Major Port Trust/Industrial/ Commercial/ Govt. undertaking.
6. In case of promotion/ absorption/ deputation, grades from which it should be made : For absorption through composite method, Officers holding posts in the scale of pay of Rs.36, 600-62,000/- (applicable to categories of Marine Engineers only) with 2 years regular service in the grade or officers holding posts in the scale of pay of Rs.32,900- 58,000/- with 3 years regular service in the grade in the Mechanical & Electrical Engg. Deptt. / Materials Management Division / Marine Deptt. in a Major Port Trust will be eligible. For deputation, Officers holding analogous posts or post of General. Manager (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication) and equivalent posts in the Mech. & Elect. Engg. Deptt. in the scale of pay of Rs.43,200 -66,000/ – in the grade or officers holding post of Dy. General Manager (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication) and equivalent posts in the Mech. & Elec. Engg. Deptt. in the scale of pay of Rs.32,900 -58,000/ – and above with 3 years regular service in the grade in Govt./ PSUs or Autonomous bodies ( other than Major Port Trust) will be eligible. The selection is by merit for which the benchmark in overall grading in the ACRs will not be below “very good”.
7. If any major or minor penalty has been imposed on the applicant during the last 10 years, the disciplinary case leading to such penalty along with necessary documents may be sent by the forwarding authority along with the application. Vigilance report is to be furnished in the format prescribed vide Ministry of Shipping’s letter no. A-12022/ 10/2005-PE.I dated 27th August, 2010, copy of which is attached as (Annexure-IV).
8. Incomplete application or application received after the due date will not be considered.
Age: 45 Years.
Sayama Prasad Mookerjee Port, 15 Strand Road, Kolkata – 700001
Selection Procedure :
1. The selection is by merit for which overall grading in the ACRs/ APARs will not be below “Very Good”.
2. By absorption through Composite method failing which by deputation failing both by direct recruitment
How to Apply :
1. Applications Of suitable and willing officers, who satisfy the provisions of the Recruitment Rules for the post of Chief Mechanical Engineer, may please be furnished as per proforma enclosed (Annexure-II). The application may be submitted through “Online Application Portal (OAP)” of the Ministry of Shipping website http://onlinevacancy.shipmin.nic.in from 13.10.2020 to 17.11.2020. Therefore, all the applicants, after registering themselves in the portal, are required to apply for the post through OAP and thereafter a printout Of the filled up application along with the following documents may be sent in an envelope, through their Administrative Port superscripting “Application for the post of Chief Mechanical engineer, so as to reach the Office of the Sr. Personnel Officer,Sayama Prasad Mookerjee Port, 15 Strand Road, Kolkata – 700001 on or before 30th November, 2020.
2. Copies of APARs for the last 5 years, attested by officer not below the rank of Dy. HOD on each page. Attested copies of all the certificates in proof of educational qualification, present and past work experience in the respective post and pay scale. No objection certificate from the respective Ports. Undertaking of the applicant to the effect that the candidature will not be withdrawn, if selected. Vigilance and administrative clearance by the concerned Port (Annexure-111) Passport size photographs (two numbers).
3. Crucial date for determining the eligibility will be 30th 2C20.