The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has released the notification for 66th combined competitive exam (CCE) on its official website. BPSC is aiming to fill a total of 562 vacancies through this recruitment process. Out of which, 169 vacant posts are reserved for female candidates. Graduates below 37 years are eligible for these posts. The online application form will be available from September 28, 2020, to October 20, 2020. Let’s have a quick look through the BPSC 66th CCE recruitment notification.
BPSC 66th CCE Recruitment Notification 2020
Bihar PSC has published the recruitment notification for the state civil services examination, BPSC 66th CCE 2020 on September 2020. Graduates below 37 years can apply towards the Bihar State Civil Services posts from September 28, 2020, onwards through the BPSC official website.
Bihar PSC CCE 2020 Important Dates
- Notification Date: September 16, 2020
- Beginning of the Online Application: September 28, 2020
- Last Date to submit the online Application: October 20, 2020
- BPSC 66th CCE Exam Date: December 27, 2020
BPSC 66th CCE Recruitment Eligibility
BPSC CCE Age Limit
Candidates’ age should be in between 20 years – 37 years as on August 01, 2020.
- For Female Candidates and reserved male candidates (OBC Male, Female), and the maximum age is 40 years.
- SC Male and Female Candidates – Maximum age is 42 years
There would be age relaxations for the eligible candidates according to the government norms.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree (Graduation) in any stream from any UGC recognized university or institution or its equivalent.
BPSC 66th PCS 2020 Posts
Selected candidates from the Bihar PSC Combined Civil Services will be appointed in the following posts:
- Bihar Administrative Services
- Bihar Police Services
- Deputy Police Superintendent
- Bihar Financial Services
- Bihar Home Guard Services
- Assistant Planning Officer
- Assistant Project Officer/ Assistant Director
- Bihar Probation Services (Probation Officer)
- Rural Development Officer
- Bihar Education Services
- District Minority Welfare Officer
- Planning Officer/ District Planning Officer
- Bihar Registration Services
- Bihar Jail Services
- Municipal Executive Officer
- Bihar Labor Services
- Assistant Director- Social Security
- Sugarcane Officer
- Asst Director- Child Protection
- Bihar Election Services
- District Audit Officer
- Assistant Registrar
BPSC 66th CCE 2020: Vacancy
|SL No||Category||Vacancy||35% of the Posts from all Categories are reserved for Women Candidates|
|2||Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||54||15|
|5||Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||106||33|
|6||Backward Class (BC)||53||15|
|7||Backward Class Female||NA||16|
- Posts reserved for the grandchildren of Indian Freedom Fighters (2% of total posts): 11
- As per the Bihar State Services rules (13062, 12/10/2017), Specially Abled Candidates are also eligible for reservation. The reservation for the Specially Abled candidates are as follows:
- Visually Impaired (VI): 06
- Development Disability (DD): 06
- Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH): 07
- Multiple Disability: 05
BPSC 66th CCE Online Application
The online application window will be open on September 29, 2020. Candidates can follow the below-given steps to submit their Bihar PSC PCS 2020 online applications.
- To start your online BPSC PCS 2020 application, Click Here
- Click on the Online Registration tab or the “Apply Online”, tab against the post ” Combined Civil Services Examination, 2020.
- On the newly popped up tab, enter your personal details (Name, Parents’ Name, Address, Reservation Status, etc). Make sure to enter a valid mobile number and email id and verify with OTP.
- Select your optional subject for the test.
- Upload your recent photograph and signature.
- Pay the required application fees and submit the application.
- Take a print out of online application for your future references.
- Candidates can submit their applications on or before December 27, 2020.
BPSC Application Fees
|For General/ OBC/ Other State Candidates||₹600/-|
|For SC/ ST/ PH candidates||₹150/-|
|For Female Candidates (Bihar Domicile)||₹150/-|
BPSC PCS 2020 Salary
The pay scale for BPSC civil services posts has both Level 09 and Level 07 positions. The selected candidates will withdraw the salary in the pay scale of Rs. 9300- Rs. 34800 with grade pay of Rs. 5400. The candidates will get allowances like HRA, DA, TA, etc too along with this basic pay.
BPSC CCE 2020 Selection Process
The Bihar Public Service Commission Combined Civil Services Examination (CCE) selection process involves two stages of written examination followed by the personal interview.
BPSC CS Preliminary Examination
- Subject/ Topic – General Studies
- Number of Questions – 150
- Maximum Marks – 150
- Exam Duration – 120 minutes ( 02 hours)
The minimum qualifying marks in Preliminary exams are:
- General Category – 40%
- BC – 36.5%
- OBC – 34%
- Women/ SC/ ST/ PwD – 32%
The Provisional Civil Service Main examination is subjective in nature. There is four paper and three among them is common to all. Candidates have to select one optional paper of their choice. Paper-01 General Hindi is of Qualifying nature only.
|SL NO||Subject/ Topic||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|1||General Hindi||100||03 hours|
|2||General Studies-1||300||03 hours|
|3||General Studies-2||300||03 hours|
|4||Optional Paper||300||03 hours|
BPSC 66th CCE Optional Subjects
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Law||Statistics|
|Anthropology||Labor and Social Welfare||Zoology|
|Botany||Management||Hindi Language and Literature|
|Chemistry||Mathematics||Urdu Language and Literature|
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Bangla Language and Literature|
|Commerce and Accounting||Philosophy||English Language and Literature|
|Economics||Physics||Sanskrit Language and Literature|
|Electrical Engineering||Politics and International Relations||Persian Language and Literature|
|Geography||Psychology||Arabic Language and Literature|
|Geology||Public Administration||Pali Language and Literature|
The interview will have 120 marks and the final rank list will consider the candidate’s performance in the interview too.
66th BPSC PCS Syllabus
PCS Preliminary Examination
- General Science
- Events of national and international importance
- History of Bihar and Indian History
- Geography of Bihar
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence
- Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar
- General Mental Ability
Bihar PSC PCS Main Examination
- Essay writing
- Precis Writing
- Sentence Syntax
- History of modern India
- History and Culture of Bihar
- Salient Features of Indian Culture
- National and International Events, Politics and relations
- Statistical and Data Interpretation
- Indian Polity and Constitution
- Economy and Geography of India
- Geography of Bihar
- Science and Technology
Bihar PSC CCE Previous Year Cut-off Scores
BPSC CCE 2018 Cut-off Scores
The final cut-off scores for the BPSC 2018 64th Combined Civil Services Examination is as follows:
|Category||Cut-off Marks- Written Exam||Cut-off Marks- Final Exam|
|Grandchild Ex-freedom Fighter||456||571|
BPSC 65th 2019 Preliminary Cut-off Score
|Grandchild Ex-freedom Fighter||82|