The DRDO has recently notified the DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls through Aeronautics Research and Development Board, AR&DB. The registration process would begin on July 19 and the last date to apply will be September 30, 2020, on rac.gov.in. The scheme is especially for female engineering students in the country.
The students can check the eligibility details, the scholarship details and how to apply shown below. A total of 30 scholarships worth more than 42 lakh rupees has been announced by the organization.
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) introduces fellowship program known as “DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls” through Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR&DB). The scholarship is open for meritorious girl candidates who want to pursue an engineering degree in Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. The scholarship scheme is initiated with an objective to tap the talent of bright students across the country.
Similar like every year, this year also, the application window for DRDO Scholarship Scheme 2020 is going to open on 19th July and will remain open till 30th September 2020. Interested candidates are advised to apply online for the scheme and avail the eligible benefits for higher studies.
|DRDO Recruitment 2020||Details|
|Job Role||DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls|
|Education Requirement||B.Sc, B.Tech/B.E, M.Sc, M.E/M.Tech|
|Total Vacancy||30 Posts|
|Job Locations||New Delhi|
|Last DateTo Apply||15-11-2020|
Benefits of DRDO Scholarship 2020
Under the DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls, shortlisted students will be benefited with the following scholarship amount:
- For Undergraduate Students (BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc. Engg) – Rs. 120000 per year or annual fees whichever is less for a maximum period of four years.
- For Postgraduate Students (ME/ M.Tech/ M.Sc. Engg) – Rs. 15500/- per month subject to Rs. 186000/- per year for a maximum period of two years.
- Number of scholarships – 20 seats for UG level and 10 seats for PG level.
DRDO scholarship for UG Girls
- No. of Scholarships: 20
- Subject/Discipline: Aerospace Engg / Aeronautical Engg / Space Engg/Rocketry/ Avionics/ Aircraft Engg.
- Level: Under Graduate* (BE/ B.TECH/ B.Sc. Engg)
- Amount of Scholarship: Rs.120000 / year or annual fees whichever is less for a maximum period of four years.
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements:
1. Candidate must be an Indian National.
2. Candidate should have got admission in the 1st year of the current academic year ( 2020-20) to the relevant B.E./ B. Tech./B.Sc Engg. course.
3. Candidate should have cleared JEE (Main).
4. Candidate should have a valid JEE(Main) score.
DRDO scholarship for PG Girls
- No. of Scholarships: 10
- Subject/Discipline: Aerospace Engg / Aeronautical Engg / Space Engg/ Rocketry/ Avionics/ Aircraft Engg.
- Level: Post Graduate (ME/ M.TECH/ M.Sc Engg)
- Amount of Scholarship: Rs.15500/- per month subject to Rs.186000/- per year for a maximum period of two years.
Rs 1,20,000 per annum for four years at graduation level.
Rs15,500 per month for two years at post-graduation level.
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements:
1. Candidate must be an Indian National.
2. Candidate should have secured admission in the 1st year of the current academic year ( 2020-20) to the relevant ME/M.TECH / M.Sc Engg course.
3. Candidate must have scored minimum 60% marks in the qualifying exam (graduation level: BE/B Tech/B Engg. or equivalent) for getting admission to the subject course as per the guidelines set by AICTE/MHRD. In cases where the conversion formula is not obtainable, CGPA/CPI of 6.75 (for a 10 point scale) will be taken as equivalent to 60%, as per AICTE guidelines.
4. Candidate should have a valid GATE (General Aptitude Test in Engineering) score.
DRDO has specifically stated that date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect would be the prescribed closing date for online scholarship application.
Educational qualification: For the Under Graduate program, the students need to secure admission in the first year of B.Tech/ BE or equivalent. To be eligible for the Post Graduate (PG) admission, the candidates need to secure a minimum of 60 per cent marks in Bachelor of Engineering (BE/ B.Tech).
A. For Under graduate DRDO Scholarship:
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidate should have got admission in the 1st year of the current academic year 2020-21, to the relevant B.E./ B. Tech./B.Sc Engg course.
- Candidate should have cleared JEE Main and should have a valid score in that.
B. For postgraduate DRDO Scholarship
- Candidate should have secured admission in the 1st year of the current academic year 2020-21 to the relevant ME, M.TECH or M.Sc Engg course.
- Candidate must have scored minimum 60% marks in the qualifying exam for admission to the subject course as per the guidelines set by AICTE or MHRD. In cases where the conversion formula is not obtainable, CGPA/CPI of 6.75 will be taken as equivalent to 60%, as per AICTE guidelines.
- Candidate should have a valid GATE score.
Students who are pursuing the dual degree course / integrated master degree in the above-mentioned subjects also apply for first four years as applicable for B.Tech degree course under the above scheme subject to fulfilling the eligibility requirements.
- Candidates should be in possession of Essential Qualifications and should have JEE (Main) and GATE valid score” for B.Tech and M.Tech respectively. The prescribed Essential Qualifications are bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not guarantee the scholarship.
- The scholarship scheme is free from any bond obligation. However, the scholars of the programme will have to do their major final year project work preferably at DRDO/ Govt. Labs or in AR&DB funded projects in any institutions during their course work.
Selection Criteria for DRDO Scholarship 2020 For PG: The selection of Post Graduate (MTech/ME) scholarship for the first year will be on the basis of valid GATE score, on a merit basis. The candidates without a valid GATE score will not be considered.
Selection Criteria for DRDO Scholarship 2020 For UG: The selection of the Under Graduate (BTech/BE) scholarship will be on the basis of a valid JEE(Main) score on a merit basis. Candidates without valid JEE (Main) score will not be considered.
How to apply
The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has announced a scholarship program for women. It was designed to promote women in the aviation sector, including aerospace.
The scheme is supported by the Aeronautics Research and Development Board. A total of 30 scholarships were announced. There are 20 vacancies at the graduate level and 10 vacancies at the post graduate level. Interested women can apply online for free by September 30.
The online application process started on July 19. The candidates can apply till September 30 through the website drdo.gov.in. The scholarships are limited to 20 for Under Graduate and 10 for Post Graduate students pursuing their respective degrees at the academic institutes.
- The candidates can visit the official website of rac.gov.in
- Fill in the details in the section that reads scholarship for female engineering students
- Choose your profile as a graduate or postgraduate student
- Fill the form and deposit the scanned copies of the certificates
- Print the form for your future reference.
Documents required for DRDO Scholarship:
The candidates must possess the following for the application for the scholarship:
- Attached a scanned copy of each of the requisite certificates with an online scholarship application.
- Recent passport size colour photograph
- Aadhaar Card copy
- Proof of admission copy
- Fees details
- Certificate from Institute
- A printout of the finally submitted/Locked online application for your reference
Date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed Closing Date for submission of online scholarship application. The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars carefully in the online scholarship application as submission of wrong / incomplete information may lead to rejection through computer based shortlisting. The applicants are advised to carefully attach all the certificates / documentary evidence of age, educational qualifications valid JEE (Main) / GATE score etc. in the online scholarship application as no correspondence will be made to the candidates for submission of Non legible / incomplete attachments. Those applications which are not finally submitted by the candidates in accordance with the instructions will be automatically rejected by the computer system and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Therefore, candidates are advised to finally submit the application carefully and enclose all necessary documents as applicable.
Conditions of Scholarship:
a. Once scholarship is discontinued to a candidate it will not be granted further, inspite of qualifying the eligibility in the later years.
b. Students availing this scholarship will be entitled to avail only one scholarship at a time and an undertaking has to be furnished by the students and it should be countersigned by the institute that she is not availing any other scholarship from any other institute / department / agency.
6. Candidates will have to produce all certificates, in original, for verification in the Institute and a certificate has to be forwarded to AR&DB in this regard by the institute where the student belongs.
7. Applications without scanned copies of certificates for the requisite essential educational qualification or incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No correspondence would be entertained in this regard.
8. Selected candidates will be considered for scholarship and will get scholarship through their respective Institute. The Institute has to submit the contingent bill with ECS mandate for all the candidates so selected for scholarship for release of money for scholarship.
9. The offer of scholarship to the selected candidates will be restricted to the number of scholarship in order of merit. List of candidates selected for scholarship will be made available at AR&DB website: https://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/boards/ardb/index.htm
Official Notification: Click here