July 2020 Admission
The B.Ed program offered by IGNOU is an innovative program utilizing self-instructional materials and information technology along with interactive personal contact programs. The program is essentially a judicious mix of theoretical and practical courses to develop in a practicing teacher appropriate knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes.
- Candidates should have possessed following eligibility criteria defined by IGNOU for B.Ed. Program:
- At least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science & Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualifications equivalent thereto (AND);
- The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Govt.
- The Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and War window candidates will be provided as per University Rules.
- Master’s Degree awarded without a first degree is not accepted for the purpose of Academic Studies in IGNOU.
- All the candidates must be aged above 21 years as on the last day of application form submission.