IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Exam and Admission Notification is out– Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi has announced B.Ed Entrance Exam for July 2020 admission session. Applications are invited from interested candidates for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) for July 2020 Session.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) B.Ed. The program has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of the teaching-learning process at the secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers.
- The objective of the Program – The objective of the program is on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
- The B.Ed. The program offered by IGNOU is an innovative program utilizing self-instructional materials and information technology along with interactive personal contact programs. The program is essentially a judicious mix of theoretical and practical courses to develop in a practicing teacher appropriate knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes. The B.Ed. The program of IGNOU is recognized by the NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education). The admission to this program is on the basis of an Entrance Test. This year, the Entrance Test will be conducted by National Testing Agency on 29th April 2020 at more than 100 cities across India.
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam Dates 2020
- Online Submission of Application Form – 31st January 2020
- Last Date of Online Registration: 29th February 2020
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website: 1st April 2020
- The minimum duration of the program is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the program will be five years.
Medium of Instruction
- The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Program is offered in English and Hindi medium
IGNOU B.Ed Application Process
- Candidates can apply for IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2020 “Online” only on the website https://ntaignou.nic.in.
- Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing the NTA website https://ntaignou.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case.
- Before filling the online entrance form, please read carefully regarding the eligibility and program details in e-prospectus available at https://ntaignou.nic.in, www.ignou.ac.in.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website https://ntaignou.nic.in, www.ignou.ac.in. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the email address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through email on the given email address or SMS on a given mobile number only.
IGNOU B.Ed Application Fee
- IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Test Fee: Rs. 600/-
Payment of Application Fee
- Through Debit/Credit card – Candidates need to check the validity of the Debit/Credit Card while logging on to the website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make the required payment through Debit/CreditCard.
- Through Net Banking – Check the balance in the account and keep all credentials ready while logging on to the website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should log in with his/her credentials of net banking and make payment through NetBanking.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Program Fee
- Program Fee is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire Program. Candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. program are advised not to pay the fee along with the filled in application form. They will get a separate communication about their admission and payment of Fee
Scheme of IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam
- Mode of Examination – LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration – Two (02) Hours
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Question
- Maximum Marks – 100
- Scoring :
- 1 Mark for correct response
- No negative marking for incorrect response
Medium of Paper – ENGLISH and Hindi ONLY (for B.Ed.)
- The University provides reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Non-creamy layer of OBC, War Widows, Kashmiri Migrants and Physically Handicapped learners, as per the Government of India rules, for admission to its various programs.
IGNOU BEd 2020 Admit Card –
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- The candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f. 1st April, 2020 onwards and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their Admit card.
- In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm .
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and follow during the conduct of the examination.
- In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page the candidate may immediately approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm . In such cases, candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, NTA will take necessary action to make corrections in the record later.
Availability of Student Handbook & Prospectus
- Student Handbook and Prospectus for B.Ed from IGNOU can be downloaded from the official website www.ignou.ac.in or www.ntaignou.nic.in