Jawaharlal Nehru University, is also known as JNU, is a public central university in New Delhi, India. In 2012, The National Assessment and Accreditation Council gave the university a grade of 3.9 out of 4, the highest grade awarded to any educational institution in the country. The university is ranked second among the public universities in India, as published by India Today.
|JNU Recruitment 2020||Details|
|Job Role||Guest Faculty|
|Education Requirement||Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.D|
|Total Vacancy||3 Posts|
|Job Locations||New Delhi|
|Age Limit||70 years|
|Experience||5 – 10 years|
|Last DateTo Apply||28-02-2020|
1. Applications are invited for Guest Faculty in the areas of specialization as indicated against each. The essential qualifications for these positions will be as per the UGC Regulations, 2018, as amended from time to time.
2. Essential Qualifications:
(i) A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time, as the case, maybe exempted from NET/SLET/SET: Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. program prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then-existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/ seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
3. (a) Post No:1
School/Centre: School of Engineering (1)
Specializations & Desirable Qualifications etc: Engineering Mathematics-II (Probability and Statistics)
(b) Post No: 2
School/Centre: Centre for Arabic and African Studies/SLLCS (1)
Specializations & Desirable Qualifications etc.: Arabic Grammar and Morphology
(c) Post No: 3
School/Centre: Centre for Korean Studies/SLLCS (1)
Specializations & Desirable Qualifications etc.: For Mongolian: Master’s in Mongolian/Social Sciences/Humanities/Allied Subject with Certificate Diploma in Mongolian language (minimum 55%) Desirable Qualification: Teaching experience or research experience and/or publication in the related field.
4. A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the Master‘s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level. (ii) A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy Layer)/Differently abled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure. (iii) A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September 1991, (iv) A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the Master’s level shall also be considered valid.
Terms & Conditions
1. The qualifications and selection procedure for appointment will be the same as applicable to a regularly appointed teacher.
2. The Honorarium for Guest Faculty will be Rs. 1500/- per lecture subject to a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- per month.
3. The Guest faculty will not be given the benefit of allowances, pension, gratuity and leave, etc. as admissible to the regular teachers.
1. Qualifications and other conditions applicable are subject to UGC regulations 2018, as amended from time to time
2. The eligibility of the candidates will be determined on the basis of qualifications/ experience/publications etc. acquired by them up to the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
3. The University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s) at any stage in the process of selection in case any inadvertent mistake is detected even after issuing of appointment letter for Guest Faculty.
4. The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time of appointment as Guest Faculty. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has undesirable/ clandestine antecedents and has suppressed any information, then his/her service shall be terminated.
5. The University reserves the right to alter/insert any corrections/additions in the advertisement/website in the event of any typographical error etc. before the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications, for which the candidates are advised to be in the lookout for announcements in the website: www.jnu.ac.in/career