The much-awaited Kerala Administrative Service 2019 Notification is out. With two stages of written examinations, the exam has a similar pattern of that of UPSC civil service. The number of vacancies and the main exam syllabus is yet to publish. Graduates below 32 years can now apply for the KAS Junior Time Scale Trainee posts on or before December 04, 2019. Here we are discussing the Kerala Administrative Service 2019 eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and more
Kerala Administrative Service Important Dates
- Application Period: November 01, 2019 to December 04, 2019
- Preliminary Exam Date: February 2020
- Main Examination Date: To be updated soon
Interested candidates can apply for the KAS 2019 through their Kerala PSC Thulasi profile page.
Kerala Administrative Service Eligibility
The Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) 2019 recruitment is for candidates from three-sections/ streams.
- Stream 1: Direct Appointment
- Stream 2: Direct recruitment from among full members or approved probationers in any Government Departments.
- Stream 3: Direct Recruitment from among candidates holding Ist Gazetted post.
- Stream 1: 21 years – 32 years. Candidates who have born between 02.01.1987 and 01.01.1998 (both dates
are included) shall apply for these posts. Age relaxations as per government norms are applicable.
- Stream 2: 21 years – 40 years. Candidates who have born between 02.01.1979 and 01.01.1998 (both dates
are included) are eligible to apply for this post. Age relaxations as per government norms are applicable.
- Stream 3: Must not have completed 50 years of age on January 01, 2019.
- Stream 1: Graduation in any subject (including professional course) from any UGC recognized university.
- Stream 2: Graduation in any subject (including professional course) from any UGC recognized university and, Must be a Full Member or an approved probationer in any Government Department and must not be an Ist Gazetted Officer or above in the Departments in Schedule-I of KAS Special Rule 2018.
- Stream 3: Graduation in any subject (including professional course) from any UGC recognized university, and Must have satisfactorily completed probation in any Cadre in Government.
Kerala Administrative Service 2019 Exam Pattern
The preliminary examination shall be in Objective mode only. Both General Studies question papers would be in English.
|SL NO||Topic||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration||Number of Questions|
|2||Paper-II: Part I General Studies||50||90 minutes||50|
|3||Paper-II: Part II Language|
|4||Paper-II: Part II Language|
Proficiency in English
The main examination will be a descriptive type examination containing 3 papers of 100 marks each.
|SL NO||Topic||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Paper I||100||02 hours|
|3||Paper III||100||02 hours|
Questions of the Main examination will be provided in English while the candidates can write the answers either in English or in Malayalam.
Selected candidates from the main examination will be called for a face to face personal interview. The final rank list will consider the candidate’s performance in the interview too. The interview has a maximum score of 50 marks.
The candidates selected for KAS (Junior Time Scale) shall undergo training for a period of 18 months and be on probation for a total period of 2 years on duty within a continuous period of 3 years inclusive of the period of training.