Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) invites online applications for recruitment of Constables in Driver, Laboratory Assistant, Veterinary, Ayah, Carpenter, Plumber, Painter, Tailor, Cobbler, Gardner, Cook, Washerman, Barber, Safaiwala, Water Carrier and Waiter disciplines in Group-‘C Non-Gazetted (Combatised) in SSB, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. The posts are temporary, but likely to continue. Apply online only @ applyssb.com. The last date for registration of online applications is extended up to 20th December 2020. The last date for registration of online applications for Remote Area candidates is 27th December 2020.
|Name of Post||No of Vacancies|
|Constable (Driver) for male only||574|
|Constable (Laboratory Assistant)||21|
|Constable (Ayah) Female only||05|
|Constable (Cook) Male||232|
|Constable (Cook) Female||26|
|Constable (Washerman) Male||92|
|Constable (Washerman) Female||28|
|Constable (Barber) Male||75|
|Constable (Barber) Female||12|
|Constable (Safaiwala) Male||89|
|Constable (Safaiwala) Female||28|
|Constable (Water Carrier) Male||101|
|Constable (Water Carrier) Female||12|
|Constable (Waiter) Male||01|
- Constable (Driver): 21 to 27 years
- Constable (Laboratory Assistant, Veterinary, Ayah, Carpenter, Plumber and Painter): 18 to 25 years
- Constable (Cook, Washerman, Barber, Safaiwala, Water Carrier, Waiter,
- Tailor, Gardner and Cobbler): 18 to 23 years
Level-3 ₹ 21700-6910
Minimum Matriculation / 10th class Pass or equivalent qualification from a recognised board.
- Constable (Driver): Must possess valid Heavy Vehicle Driving Licence.
- Constable (Laboratory Assistant): Should have certificate in Laboratory Assistant Course from an Institution recognised by Central Government or State Government.
- Constable (Veterinary): One year experience in treatment of different species of animals, in a recognised Veterinary Hospital.
- Constable (Ayah): Possessing the first Aid Examination pass certificate from Red Cross Society or should be trained Dai. One-year experience in relevant field.
- Constables (Carpenter, Plumber and Painter): Two years work experience in respective trade (OR) 01 year certificate course from a recognised Industrial Training Institute or Vocational Institute with at least one year experience in the respective trade; or Two years Diploma from a recognised Industrial Training Institute in the respective trade or similar trade.
- Constable (Cook, Washerman, Barber, Safaiwala, Water Carrier, Waiter, Tailor, Gardner and Cobbler): 02 years work experience in respective trades; or One year certificate course from a recognised Industrial Training Institute or Vocational Institute with at least one year experience in the trade; or Two years Diploma from recognised Industrial Training Institute in the trade or similar trade.
- ₹ 100/- only (Non Refundable) for General and OBC candidate.
- No fee for SC, ST, Ex-Serviceman, and female candidates are exempted from payment of examination fees.
- The fee should be made through net-banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Common Entrance Test (Written Examination)
- Documentation and Skill Test
- Detailed Medical Examination
- Final Selection (The final selection list will be prepared in order of merit, category wise, after completion of Review Medical Examination)
How to Apply
Eligible Interested candidates apply online through SSB Online Application Portal (applyssb.com). The last date for registration of online applications is 20/12/2020. The last date for submission of online application for remote areas is 27/12/2020.